By ancient definition, the adamant was known as both a diamond and a mythical stone of indestructible wonder. In more modern terminology, it describes a posture of unshakeable resolve and determination. If there was ever a time for us to be adamant about love and truth it is now. God is Love. God is Truth. Both love and truth are timeless, transcending our current trends and opinions. Sometimes the most loving thing we will ever do is to speak the truth, but speaking truth begins with living it.
Using the mediums of Scripture and story, New York Times bestselling author Lisa Bevere takes readers on a journey into the Mountain of God, to the one place they can learn not only to abide in God’s unshakeable truth and love, but become adamant–people who are unmovable, determined, and steadfast. With conviction and passion, Lisa unpacks the concept of the adamant for readers, linking together the grand story of Scripture and God’s purpose in their lives. Readers will see that God’s plan is revealed as we dwell in him, it is there that we are forged and shaped. As we abide in Christ our Cornerstone we are shaped into the image of the adamant.
Five Reasons You Should Read This Book:
- A New Approach-A lot of times in the Christian walk, you hear words like steadfast or ummovable, but I had never heard the word adamant–and certainly not in the way that Bevere uses it. She really goes into the historical and the spiritual uses of the word Adamant and shows how it’s always been there in the scriptures…most people just haven’t noticed it.
- Personal Narrative-I found her points to be more impactful when she shared from her personal story. Throughout the book, you will encounter stories that provide examples in her own life where she had to be adamant…and they will stay with you.
- Contemporary. This book is very much in line with the times. Bevere discusses social media and the way Christians should and shouldn’t engage on various platforms and the idea of tolerance which is so prevalent in our society and how to address it.
- Scripture. The book is very much grounded in scripture. Any point that Bevere makes has scriptural foundation. She’s not just giving her opinion, but revealing something that has been there all along.
- Easy read. It’s an easy read. I found the pages turning very quickly as I read this book and every topic is broken down in such a way that I never left a chapter confused. This can’t be said for every non-fiction book!
The only quibble I would have is that some times the writing felt a bit choppy. But, overall, a really good book that I found myself using as a devotional in the mornings to remind myself to be Adamant for Christ!
**I received a copy from Revell. My opinion was not affected in anyway!**