Can you believe it’s that time of year again? My goodness! This year went by so fast. I simply cannot just give you a list of ten of my favorite books. It’s going to be more like 20. First part now, second part in two weeks. I’ve read a ton of books this year. A part of the process of choosing the best books of the year is (1) remembering what happened, (2) wanting to read it again, (3) great expectation for more from the author, and of course (4) books that still stay with me. So, without further ado, here are ten of my favorite novels (authors) of 2013 in no particular order:
1. Patrick Carr was a new author I discovered this year and HE IS AMAZING! I had to list both of his novels. If you love anything remotely fantasy like, you will adore this series.
2. Tessa Afshar. I could not wait for this book and it lived up to all of my expectations. Darius and Sarah are like family.
3. The hero in this book had a unique problem that just pulled me in right away. I loved the way he dealt with it and watching the romance in this book? I did not want to put it down.
4. YA fiction is my new thing. And Jill Williamson is phenomenal. Her character Spencer is just an amazing narrator.
5. Stephanie Morrill. This is YA again and I was thoroughly engrossed by these novels!
6. Jody Hedlund. So romantic. That is all.
7. Dani Pettrey. These romantic mysteries are captivating.
8. Becky Wade. Love the way he loves her.
9. Julie Klassen. A little Jane Austen, a little Jane Eyre, plus Elizabeth Gaskel =love
10. Sarah Sundin. WWII romance just can’t be beat!
Anyone agree? The list ain’t over, so stay tuned!