Thank you for willing to be interviewed!
1. In your opinion, what is one thing that a romance novel should have in order to be successful?
A satisfying, happy ending. It’s the ending that makes or breaks a novel. It’s what lingers with you long after you close the book. In romance, it’s essential to have an ending that warms your heart.
2. When it comes to writing romance in novels, is there any kind of formula that you follow? Or does it just come together organically?
I’m not a plotter, so for me the entire story comes together organically. That said, it usually takes me numerous draft to get the feel right.
3. Of all the novels that you have written, which one would you say was your most romantic and why?
I’d have to say Shattered. I loved watching Piper and Landon evolve from friends to being deeply in love.
4. Do you have a favorite romantic trope? A least favorite trope?
Fun question. I’m rather partial to Beauty & the Beast. I love seeing a wounded hero find love and restoration. My least favorite…amnesia. It can be done really well, but it’s been used a lot.
5. What are some authors/books that you read when you just want to enjoy a good romance novel?
Becky Wade writes classic, sophisticated, and heartwarming romances.
Karen Witemeyer writes hilarious, moving and always satisfying romances. Those are my top two go-to authors for romance. I highly recommend them both.
She feels blessed to write inspirational romantic suspense because it incorporates so many things she loves—the thrill of adventure, nail-biting suspense, the deepening of her characters’ faith, and plenty of romance. She and her husband reside in Maryland, where they enjoy time with their two daughters, a son-in-law, and a super adorable grandson.
Dani Pettrey has graciously offered to giveaway an autographed copy of her novel Sabotaged. The rules are as follows:
If this book has captured your fancy (and I hope it does!), there’s an opportunity for you to win your own copy! *Note you must be a US or Canadian address. All you need to do is leave a comment in the comment section of one of the interviews this month (February) with your email address. The giveaway ends on March 13! The winner will be randomly selected. If you win, you have 48 hours to respond to the notification before I will choose another winner. Happy Reading!