Imagine my surprise when Johanna from http://booklovers1.wordpress.com nominated me for The Versatile Blogger Award! How cool is that?! It’s my very first nomination and so encouraging as a blogger. The rules are as follows:
Display the Award Certificate on your blog.
Write a post and link back to the blogger who nominated you.
Nominate 15 other bloggers.
Inform them of their nomination via comment on their blog.
Post 7 interesting things about yourself.
Well, the only problem that arises here is that I do not know of 15 other bloggers to nominate! So that may take me out of the running. But still, I’m going to post 7 interesting things about myself. Here it goes:
1. I really enjoy eating and would love to be considered a foodie. For the past five months, my good friend and I have been on a journey in Chicago to find the best burger in the city. So. Much. Fun.
2. My favorite color is purple. My bedroom is purple. My kindle cover is purple. One of my Bibles is purple. My blog’s backdrop is purple.You know, the important things in life.
3. I fail to comprehend the idea of a pet. I joke with my friends that I only like animals when they’re dead and on my plate. That’s only like 99% true.
4. I studied abroad in Aix-en-Provence, France for four months, five years ago, and still I can’t talk about it enough. I loved Europe.
5. The Christmas season is my favorite time of the year. Though the actual day is often anticlimatic, I love the build up with the movies, the music, the gifts, and the parties. And then it builds up to a new year, which I always take as a signal to reevaluate my walk with Christ.
6. I teach Sunday School to 9-12 year olds and they are just the best. I cannot imagine not teaching them.
7. I post about two reviews on my blog every week, but in actuality, I read approximately seven books a week. A huge amount is YA fiction. After reading the Hunger Games, I decided to jump in the YA fray.
So that’s all folks! Thanks for celebrating with me! And thanks again Johanna!